Careers at The Hickman
Any member of The Hickman staff is outstanding by definition. We care for our residents in their home, which is one of the most distinct communities in West Chester.
To apply for Resident Care, Community Life, Dining, Maintenance or Housekeeping please download the application below and email it as an attachment to Kellie Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: 400 N. Walnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380.
Community Life Associate
- Part-time, includes every other weekend – Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- General Responsibilities: Designs and implements a range of activities, trips and community events targeted at senior population, physically and cognitively impaired seniors in accordance with DHS regulations and the mission. In so doing, provide a sense of community, well-being, and recognition of individual capabilities and talents.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Comfort and ability working with senior population and cognitively impaired adults.
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License in good standing.
- Previous experience with aging population preferred.
- Art/ music skills a plus.
- Every other Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Requirements: Some experience with elders necessary. Must have caring and compassionate heart and a keen sense of hospitality.
- CNA certification required.
- Provide assistance to Resident Care team.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior living community is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Shift: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, includes every other weekend.
- Line/Prep Cook experience necessary.
- Experience in Senior Living a plus!
- Ability to work within a TEAM.
- Ability to engage with staff, residents, and guests to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Continuous standing.
- Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching