Careers at The Hickman
Any member of The Hickman staff is outstanding by definition. We care for our residents in their home, which is one of the most distinct senior living communities in West Chester, PA.
To apply for Resident Care, Community Life, Dining, Maintenance or Housekeeping please download the application below and email it as an attachment to HR@thehickman.org or mail it to 400 N. Walnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380
Facilities Maintenance Technician: Part-Time
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment for safe operation
- Spackles and paints needed areas
- Snow removal and salting on the sidewalks and entranceways
- Completes work orders and special projects as assigned
- Follows all safety precautions before and during each work assignment
- Assists in preparation of rooms and furniture movement for new residents or in-house room changes
Servers: Part-Time and Full-Time
- Prepares tables for meals, i.e., sets plates, glasses, silverware, etc. inappropriate manner.
- Advises resident care staff of any resident who has not arrived for any meal
- Greets residents as they enter the dining room and assists when needed
- Serves and clears all courses to residents in a friendly and courteous manner.
Lead Community Life Associate: Full-Time
- Assist in creating and distributing the daily activity flyers to residents.
- Plan and lead recreation programs that engage the resident’s mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs and provide opportunities for meaningful and purposeful daily living.
- Safely transport residents to and from activities.
- Coordinate and safely lead small trips outside the facility including driving the facility bus.
- Regularly use the Life Loop system to document resident attendance and engagement.
- Regularly report any changes in resident’s status and needs to the supervisor.
Activities/Community Life Associate- Part-Time
- Plan and implement activities appropriate to the needs of the residents at all levels of
ability, both individual, small and large group participation
- Develop and implement activities that provide an opportunity for residents to experience
sensory input (all senses), group interaction, and personal achievement.
- Provide artistic and creative activities for the residents, including maintaining supplies,
and keeping areas safe, clean, and orderly.
Great benefits are available to the full-time staff!
- Health benefits: medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance;
- Group life insurance;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Retirement and investment benefits!