Careers at The Hickman
Any member of The Hickman staff is outstanding by definition. We care for our residents in their home, which is one of the most distinct senior living communities in West Chester, PA.
To apply for employment at The Hickman, please download the application below and email it as an attachment to HR@thehickman.org or mail it to:
c/o Human Resources Manager
400 N. Walnut Street
West Chester, PA 19380
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Full-Time CNA / Med Tech 10 pm – 6 am & 2 pm -10 pm Shifts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build meaningful relationships with our residents and families as you provide assistance with activities of daily living, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, incontinent care, toileting, ambulation, or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements (s).
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to the Director of Resident Care.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment.
- Assist and escort residents to meals and activities. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
- Perform various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including vital signs, residents’ weight, collecting specimens, etc.
- Answer residents’ call bells promptly and courteously.
- Adhere to professional standards, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent Organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
LPN Wellness Nurse/ Supervisor 8:45 am – 4:45 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- At the direction and under the direct supervision of the Director of Resident Services, completes a comprehensive evaluation including but not limited to medical, behavioral history and medications upon admission/readmission and as changing health needs indicate
- Collaborate with physicians, physical rehabilitation professionals, therapists, health care and mental health professionals, and other members of the Interdisciplinary Team to plan and implement the therapeutic plan of care.
- At the direction and under the direct supervision of the Director of Resident Services, completes initial RASP and provides addendums and revisions as needed.
- Present clinical data obtained through direct observation, interview, physical evaluation, and other reports to the PCP and present information in a concise and organized manner.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- At the direction and under the direct supervision of the Director of Resident Services, completes Level of Care documentation with expeditious adjustments reflective of resident changes.
- At the direction and under the direct supervision of the Director of Resident Services, refer clients to external physicians when evaluation indicates further medical evaluation is required; facilitate transfer to the hospital/Emergency Department
- Prepare and administer medication as ordered by the physician as needed in the absence of the Med Tech; obtain verbal orders from the physician when necessary and transcribe the information as per policy
- Monitor and regularly contribute to maintaining a safe and therapeutic living environment as the key healthcare representative of the interdisciplinary team, including but not limited to monitoring for potential threats to health and safety and taking appropriate action to eliminate such threats when discovered
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary teams, healthcare providers, families, and other stakeholders in order to ensure quality care for the individuals served.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, crisis intervention, and medication administration using agency protocols as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Resident Services.
Great benefits are available to the full-time staff!
- Health benefits: medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Career Ladder
- Group life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement and investment benefits