Any member of The Hickman staff is outstanding by definition. We care for our residents in their home, which is one of the most distinct communities in West Chester. The Hickman family shares a warm and loving environment that is unique.
If you are interested in applying for any of the below positions, please download the application below and send it to Monica Paulino at email@example.com or mail it to: 400 N. Walnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380.
Resident Care Director
The Hickman, a licensed nonprofit senior community in West Chester PA, is preparing for the expansion of our community with the addition of a RESIDENT CARE DIRECTOR to manage and coordinate residential services for the older adults who live in the community. This position is part of the senior management team who work collaboratively to ensure a culture of quality, safety and learning for our residents, their families and our staff.
We are seeking experienced candidates who have demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the provision of direct care services in accordance with state and federal regulations and/or a licensed environment.
- Developing and ensuring the consistent implementation of care plans based on residents’ individual preferences, needs, and physician recommendations.
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for staff to work and grow as professionals.
Key duties include: Oversight of Personal Care Services and our new secure Dementia Care neighborhood program; policy and program planning; care coordination; staff supervision and development, staffing/ scheduling; budgeting; family conferences / support meetings; inventory/ ordering supplies; quality management audits; team member education. On-call and occasional week-ends required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in pursuit of our mission of providing a safe and affordable living environment for older adults.
- Strong managerial skills to provide guidance and direction, set performance standards and monitor performance of subordinates.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with residents, staff and family members.
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, to prioritize work and address emergencies as they may occur.
- Knowledge of PA rules and regulations related to Personal Care Homes or similar residential environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing management and supervisory experience.
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations. Preference for those who have experience working with those who are older and/or have dementia or other cognitive diseases.
- Experience in a residential living environment. Preference for those who have worked in a senior living community.
Please submit cover letter (including any salary requirements) and resume.
Guided by Quaker principles and tradition, The Hickman provides individualized care and assistance to older adults who seek a safe and affordable living environment. The Hickman is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Personal Care/ Senior Living: 1 year
- Increasing Management: 5 years
Part Time Days – 3 days per week including Sundays and alternating holidays
Duties include: helping our residents keep their homes as comfortable and welcoming as they always have by assisting with dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, making beds and doing laundry.
Part Time Evenings – 3 evenings per week including some weekend, holiday and occasional on call support.
Duties include: floor care and small maintenance projects.
Part Time Evenings- variable days
Duties include: restaurant style service in our resident dining room