Expansion Update – Weeks of December 25th and January 1st
On: December 22, 2017
- Paving was completed on the small Walnut Street lot last week. This week the existing Marshall Street parking lot was cleared and only base-paved. It will be line striped in the next week with the intent of the permanent finished paving to be done in early Spring.
- The rear memory garden area sidewalk and patio is being poured this week.
- There is some front and rear patio finish work on ceilings and railings that will be completed over the next two weeks.
- Inside the building the contractors are removing and clearing out their large tool boxes to make room for the last of the finishes.
- At this point, most of the finishes in the building have been installed. The contractors only have a few weeks left to complete the last of the flooring, painting, caulking, light fixtures, ceiling tiles, doors and hardware, trim, handrails, etc.
- All of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems have been installed and are now being tested. All of the testing should be completed over the next few weeks.
- In early January, the architect will begin going through the building and putting together a punch-list for the contractors to complete.
- Based on the current schedule, the goal remains to have the building completed in January so furniture and any final punch-list touch up work can be completed in February.